Friday, February 12, 2010

Macpressions

So i've purchased a Macbook Pro, and after living with it a few days, i can give my first impressions as to how it compares to a PC laptop.

The Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the Snow Leopard Operating System (OS) is excellent. Now, I won't say it's superior to that of Windows 7's GUI, as they are two very different beasts. What I will say is that it is extremely novel--not a hard posit, considering the fact that this is my first Mac.

Performance in uncharacteristically fast. My PC laptop is twice as powerful (It better be; it costs twice as much), yet, the Mac loads pages and applications faster. How can this be? I'm going to run some benchmark tests and i will post some performance numbers soon. I must get to the bottom of this phenomenon.

The external styling of the Macbook Pro is second to none. THe aluminum outer casing, with the backlit black keys and glossy black frame around the screen is by far, the most attractive laptop machine i've ever used.

The only thing i wish Apple made provisions for was a Blu-Ray drive. My PC Laptop and both my PC Desktops have Blu Ray Drives, and writing information to a 50GB Dual-Layer Blu Ray is a pretty decent way to store mass quantities of data. Nevertheless, this Mac is giving me an absolutely stellar computing experience.

I'm going to film a Mac v. PC benchmark comparison next week and I will post it to youtube. I'll provide the link to the comparison on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment