Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Litany of Demise

Last year i had four romances: Let's call them Woman A, Woman B, Woman C, and Woman D--in that order. Each of them met their demise in a different way.

Woman A: Was a beautiful woman--a bit older than I, but had a sense of humor that was addictive. At one point, i felt like I wanted to spend my life with her. It's funny how feelings change.

Woman B: Was boring, but she was gorgeous--she was anti-social, but did I mention she was gorgeous? I dealt with her for a couple of months or so and we never reached a level of connection where i felt i could tell her everything--but then again, intellect wasn't a large part of our encounters...

Woman C: Was a high-maintenance woman i met close to my job. She was the perfect woman until she opened her mouth. She was an atheist, and at first i tried to witness to her. But after a while, no matter how attracted to someone you are, Enough is Enough!

Woman D: Was my high school crush. We got reunited on a Facebook, and from there, it took off. She DEFINITELY lived up to the hype. By far, she's the most attractive woman I've ever dealt with, and her sense of humor actually surpassed Woman A's, which shocked me because i didn't think that was possible. She was great....except for this one little issue...

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Woman A: I do not know

Woman B: She's still around from time to time--no future in her though

Woman C: Crept back into the picture in January--and got kicked RIGHT back out of it for her Atheist foolishness.

Woman D: We were friends for a while afterwards, but, I don't think we are anymore.

So, here is my thing: Why do personalities change when romance is involved? I'm not just asking about the women; I'm asking about myself as well. I'm not naive enough to believe that I alone in this world am immune to the agents of change. This is what i think about often. Of course these women are the villains in my mind--but what If i was the villain in one of more of these situations, and just didn't recognize it? I look at all aspects in an attempt to solve this riddle, but my pride gets in the way of a thorough investigation, so the question lingers....

What if I was the villain....?



2 comments:

  1. When romance is involved we tend to become "different" in that the significant other will be more attracted to us. What do we have to bring to the table that'll make the person want to stay forever? Hmmm, think on these things.

    In the end, I believe personalities change because you need to IMMEDIATELY remove yourself from the equation, lingering feelings are DANGEROUS and may even put you right back where you were. Granted, one party usually would like to work things out and remain in the union but let's be real... when one is pushing you away you literally get your s*** and keep it moving (or so you'd think...)

    LOL of course the women were the villains, you'd have it no other way! Were you the villain? I'm not sure... the story doesn't really give off that effect.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I certainly agree with that. It is highly necessary to get OUT in those situations. There is always one person who cares more than the other; one person who wants things to work more than the other. Balancing is no easy task.

    I'm pretty sure I wasn't the villain with Woman A and Woman D, and Woman C, DEFINITELY not....well, and Woman B there's no villain at all....From my point of view, there's no way i can be at fault for the three cases that involve a villain. That being said...... If i ever become the villain, there's no way I would notice :-(

    ReplyDelete