Friday, March 25, 2011

My Life, Defined.


The last nine months have been quite the journey. As i sit in my media room, typing this, I don't even know what words will come next. So much has happened since my last update. I have, however, decided that this blog will become far more personal that it once was. As such, I will not be linking to this blog via social media outlets. If you did not already have the link, then too bad. This is now a man's journal.

Work

Toward the end of last year, I received a promotion and began working at a new agency (that will not be mentioned here). While this office has its pitfalls--as does every office-- the overall experience is spectacular. I am now a SME (Subject Matter Expert) Program Analyst for a complex information management system utilized by my agency and its parent Department. This is excellent for a number of reasons, particularly, in the IT facet of government. There are a number of doors that this experience can and will open for me in the future.


Aftermath

I am going to remain single until I feel I'm ready for another relationship. It is funny--I think my former flames have a "Matt is single" radar, because a few days after I ended the aforementioned relationship, I had some very interesting conversations will two of them. No I do not want to go to the Harbor with you; no I do not want to go to VA to see you; No I do not want you to cook me macaroni and cheese. I'm VEGAN now!! Ughhhh Ughhh Ughhhhhhhh!! At least offer to cook me Tofu so I can take you seriously before telling you No.

In Other News

It's funny--I had a conversation with a woman today who had the nerve to tell me that all men are easy. Women, just because it doesn't take much to get us men aroused does NOT mean we are easy. Chick, I will pull it out, make you want it, and at the last minute, send your a** right HOME without it if I feel like it. Manchu is not easy. All things of value must be earned. Dammit, I wanted to throw a grenade in her throat. OK, my rant is over.

Grad School

Graduate school is kicking my butt now, but that's been the story of my life for the last couple of years. This MS/MBA Program is no joke. Nobody can say I didn't pour my sweat into these MAsters Degrees.

Theater

I've Acquired the following equipment for my Theater over the last two months:

Integra DHC-80.2 Processor (Replacing the Denon ACR 4310CI)
Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Digital-to-Analog Converter
PS Audio PowerPort Premier
PS Audio AV5000 Power Conditioner
Oppo BDP-93 High-End 3-D Universal Disc Player (HDMI 1.4)
Emotiva XLR-Balanced Interonnects
Emotiva 12v trigger matrices (2)
HC7000 Replacement Lamp for my Mitsubishi HC7000 1080p Projector.

I've also added an Infiniti PS-12 Subwoofer to the SVS PB-13 Ultra Subwoofer in the theater, since the Integra DHC-80.2 has dual subwoofer outputs.

This is my life right now. I will be updating this blog regularly.







No comments:

Post a Comment